My Blog List

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sprouting Seedlings

April 15, 2012

Outside it still looks and feels much like winter. Thankfully I have a heater in the greenhouse or my geraniums, dahlias and canna lily would be popsicles!

The good new is that some of my flower seedlings are sprouting! YAY!
I have tiny little bachelor buttons (cornflowers) sprouting, as well as one or two Red Durango marigolds and a lavatara or two.

Still haven't made it back up to the top of picnic Hill to take a photo of the wild crocus trying to bloom there. What a shock that brave little flower must have had to find itself under several inches of snow!
The temperature warmed up enough to melt 90% of the snow today, but it still isn't what I would call "friendly weather".

Forecast for the rest of the week is mixed... some warmish sun mix days, some rain mix/ snow precipitation days, depending on which weather site you believe.

Forecast for next Sunday is sunny and 18C. Call me a skeptic, but I will believe that when I see it.  Sure would be great, though. I might get a chance to continue with my spring flower bed clean up... and it sure would encourage my fruit trees to blossom and my perennials to sprout.

Happy spring... I think.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment