My Blog List

Friday, May 3, 2013

Real Spring At Last

We finally have been getting some real spring weather in the last week or so. It has been a relief to see the snow finally melt . There is still a little bit on the trail to the beach, since it gets so much shade from the trees there, but the last of it has thankfully melted off my flowers beds now.

I saw the very first crocuses attempting to open last week, even though the wind was bitterly cold then. Two days ago they were happily blooming in clusters at the top of Picnic Hill!

And today the swallows are back! Yes, that is truly a sign of spring here! The first swallow was checking out  the bird house in the back yard where, last year they raised a family of 7 babies!

No photos yet, I'm afraid. I had mega computer problems and was not able to process any off my camera. And now I'm just starting to get the hang of this new imac computer we recently bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment