My Blog List

Monday, July 9, 2012

Dramatic Clematis and Calming Columbines

I love clematises!



Clematises are so spectacular and not that difficult to grow. My clematises are growing quite vigorously this summer, especially the General Sikorska clematis whichI have had for 5 years now.  My Jackmanii clematis  came into my garden in 2009.  to replace the pink Ville de Lyons,which died after only 2 years. The General had the first blossom pop out this summer on June 23rd and it full of blossoms now and is growing like crazy! Jack is blooming now, too, but only just started.

My tiny Alba Luxuriana clematis is still hanging in there, but doesn't seem to grow much from year to year.  (I guess it is not a good idea to 'rescue' stunted perennials.)  Maybe it needs some bone meal...  It does have some tiny buds for the very first time and hopefully (and we gardeners ARE the perpetual optimists) this summer it will grow bigger as well.





My pink lupins are beautiful!

Thrift

my old original Columbine

My new columbine ( Thanks Janet!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment